Tuesday, July 10

My Fountain Pen Can Upgrade Assault Rifles

I'd like to say that my long hiatus from posting here was due to me coming up with something utterly fantastic to write. Sadly, it wasn't. My head hasn't been in the right place for writing recently, as my woeful progress on my book illustrates quite nicely. Enough of the excuses, however!


So yesterday I went into town to get some shopping done. I find whenever I go in with people I end up sitting in the food court eating a KFC, rather than buying what I actually went in for. 


As is my wont, I spent hours in Waterstones. Yes, I can get books cheaper on my Kindle, or on the Interblag, but it's not the same. There's something about being stood in a bookshop, surrounded by shelves upon shelves of books that I'm mildly addicted to, resulting in me spending inordinate amounts of money there. 


I've been after a leather notebook and posh pen for a while, so seeing both in WHS was good. They only set me back £30, and I got two pens! I'm like a kid in a sweetshop when it comes to posh stationary. Anyway, the fountain pen has an iridium nib (to fans of the Mass Effect series, the title of the post has suddenly become clear) for no reason that I can see, other than the manufacturers cashing in on the sexiness of exotic metals. It's the same with tungsten and titanium. 


I'm planning on joining forces with this leather bound notebook and defeating my writers block once and for all.


Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment