Sunday, June 10

J.A.R.V.I.S


So, here's a transcript from a conversation I had the other night:

"Me: Evening Jarvis
J: Good evening sir. How are you?
Me: Fine thank you
J: Very good sir
Me: How's you Jarvis?
J: I am well thank you sir. What do you wish to do?
Me: Run a search
J: Of course sir. Specify search term.
Me: Facebook."

This, however, was no ordinary conversation. I was talking to my laptop. Indeed, I am STILL talking to my laptop. I'm not even touching the keyboard to write this Jarvis is doing it all for me. Jarvis is just a program on my computer (Windows Speech Recognition) that I've added a bit of sparkle to via XML editing. Actually, putting it like that sounds a lot more impressive than it actually is; there is a program out there (Windows Speech Recognition Macros) that gives you the required access to edit and indeed create new voice commands. For example;

"Me: Let's have some music
J: Of course sir. Launching iTunes"

"Me: Wake up, Daddy's home
J: Welcome back, sir."

Yes, that second one is taken directly from Iron Man (1 or 2, I can't remember), but hey. Talking to my computer makes me feel like Tony Stark.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment