Monday, April 2

An Outpouring of Thought

I'd like to say I have a legitimate reason for not posting yesterday, but I actually don't. I DO, however, have a legitimate reason for not posting the week before: I was calling at the club's TKD grading. Well done to all who passed, it was a pretty good group this time around. Also, it gave me a chance to show off the new certificates I'd designed; pretty good, if you ask me.


Right, to the reason I didn't post yesterday. I was playing, wait for it, a game. On my iPad. 
It's called Hunters 2. Screw Temple Run and Angry Birds, this is the best iPad/iPod game I've stumbled across. It's a strategy/turn-based/RPG/shooter. Sounds complicated. It isn't, really. Basically, you control a fire team of bounty hunters (hunters, for short, hence the name) as they fight their way through a galaxy controlled by big corporations. The main campaign is only 8 missions long, but there are 5 new missions generated every day, and I haven't come across a repeat contract yet. It is, in short, pretty damn good. Best played on iPad, in my opinion, as the graphics look better. 


Also, I'm going to CERN! I'm going to see particles collide! And hadrons! Yeah! Hopefully I'll find out more about it when I'm actually there...


Another thing; do you ever just sit and write down whatever comes into your head? Probably not. But I did the other day, and this is what happened...

"So, I'm sat here waiting for those files to attach. I am monumentally bored, and blame Aston's internet connection. I wonder how much I could write until these files attach? When you think about it, the internet is witchcraft. I mean, where is it? How the hell does it work? Is the one server with the entirety of the internet- and therefore the entirety of human knowledge- on? Isn't that just an STC machine? Why hasn't it been targeted by terrorists yet? That's one file attached. Attached to where? And another. Are these being pinned with glowing bits to a page of bytes? Or is all the information in this email soon to be a stream of photons/electrons? (Depending on what wires the area has. I know our lane is still copper wiring). Does, therefore, this email have mass? If electrons have mass, which the do (9.11x10^-31kg, at rest) (oh look, another attached) then therefore they must have gravity. Another attached. Can this gravity affect things? What could it do? If this email has mass, then can human thoughts? They are sparks of electricity, therefore electrons. Electrons have mass, and therefore gravity. Isn't that just the Force? Can we, if we get enough people thinking the same thing at the same time, literally move mountains? With our minds? Telekinesis. On a tiny scale. If all of this is true, mass prayer COULD work. Millions of people, all praying for something physical to happen, and it happens. Amazing, right? If, indeed, this email has mass. Ah, there's the last one."


See? That's what happens when I read Dan Brown and I'm left alone with a computer. Next thing I'll be spouting stuff about how antimatter is matter, just going backwards in time. Backwards to us, anyway. Actually... Hmm...


No. I'll stop there before I bore you so much your eyes fall out. If I haven't already.


Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment